The visit of the Projet Éole is :
– Discovering the experimental energy plant built in the 80s, shut down since 1993, the largest wind turbine of the time and to date the tallest vertical axis wind turbine in the world.
– Visitors can enter the generator and see all its remains in order to understand its unique design in the world.
– Information panels on the history of Éole, wind development and current industry facts as well as the presence of a guide to answer all your questions
– A panoramic terrace with a 360 view allows you to admire the picturesque landscape of Le Nordais wind farm (the first wind farm in Quebec) and the surrounding area (Cap-Chat, the sea and the Chic-Chocs mountains), as well as seeing the tower from closer
What’s more :
– Parts of wind turbines to observe more closely are arranged on the site
– Flowery paths and a garden to visit at the foot of Éole
– A wind turbine-themed souvenir shop on site, with local Gaspésian crafts and products unique to Éole
– Several dining areas, snacks and drinks are available
– The site is open to dogs on a leash
The visit of the Éole project will make you discover the key moments in the development of wind power as a green energy as well as its importance and its history in Quebec.
You can enjoy the grandiose setting of Éole and the exceptional landscape, unique in the world, only in Haute-Gaspésie